Salmon Cakes. We can't get enough of these flavorful patties! They're the perfect way to upgrade a simple can of salmon. Read on for more helpful tips to make your salmon patties the best they can be.
Salmon cakes may be a classic way to make use of leftover salmon—these are so good you will never think they're made from leftovers when you eat them. Classic Salmon Cakes are so tasty, they don't even need a sauce. Salmon Cakes are salmon patties made with fresh salmon, which makes them really juicy and delicious. You can have Salmon Cakes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Cakes
- You need 4 oz of cooked salmon (or 6 oz canned, drained).
- It’s 1/2 c of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire.
- It’s 1 of green onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of your favorite seasoning blend- we like Tony's.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
With a crisp breading exterior, the salmon cakes are far from bland, since they have onions. If you had asked me a few years back if I like salmon patties you probably would have gotten a deer in the headlights kind of look. These crispy salmon cakes are tasty and filling and incredibly easy to make. As long as you have I make these crispy salmon cakes about once a week.
Salmon Cakes step by step
- Mix the salmon with the mayonnaise, worcestershire, green onion, seasoning, and breadcrumbs..
- Taste the mixture! Make sure it's salty enough. If it's too salty, add more breadcrumbs. For extra flavor, throw in any fresh herbs you have handy..
- Gently fold in the egg. The mixture should just hold together when scooped; add a bit more mayo if it's too dry..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to it, swirling to coat the pan..
- Divide the salmon mixture into 8 parts. Form by scooping them out with a large spoon, gently pressing them flat with your hand, and sliding into the pan. It's okay if they're a little wonky!.
- Let them brown for a minute or two per side; they'll stick until they're ready to be flipped..
- Serve immediately, with veggies and macaroni and cheese if you're like us!.
They are very easy to make, they taste great. If you enjoy seafood, salmon cakes can be a tasty new way to enjoy a fish dinner. Combined with herbs and spices, the salmon gets a crunchy, crisp coating from frying or baking it in small. I get pretty sick of meat. However, my budget will NOT allow it.