Lemon Pound Cake. Flavored with lemon zest and juice, and drizzled with a tart lemon glaze, this lemon pound cake is. This lemon cake is basically a regular pound cake recipe with a few additions to increase the flavor and soften the crumb. For this recipe, I added an extra egg yolk and sour cream, and replaced the.
Run a knife around the sides of the pan. This simple lemon pound cake is moist and rich, feels like springtime, and tastes incredible under a thick layer of lemon glaze. Here's exactly what you need to make if it's citrus season: grapefruit Greek. You can cook Lemon Pound Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- You need 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 sticks (10 ounces) of salted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of finely grated lemon zest.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
The Best Lemon Pound Cake ever. My husband says it reminds him of his grandmother's. Made two and they dissapeared so fast courtesy of DH,Daughter, Grandson and MIL. Lemon Pound Cake (Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe) – This is the Best Lemon Pound Cake on the Internet!
Lemon Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9 x 13” metal baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, Grease the paper, and flour the pan..
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Script on the side of the bowl as needed..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Be in the lemon zest and vanilla..
- On the speed, alternate adding the flour mixture in the milk mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture..
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread it evenly. Tap the bottom of the pan on the worksurface to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 15 minutes..
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. If necessary, loosen the cake from the sides of the pan with a small knife. Carefully flip the cake upside down onto the wire rack, peel off the parchment paper, and then turn the cake right side up onto the rack to cool completely..
Tart, sweet and filled with lemon flavor, you will adore this Cream Cheese Lemon Pound. A lemony pound cake with the added addition of lemon pudding for an extra moist taste sensation. Lemon Pound Cake II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Make glaze: In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice then pour over cooled cake. Lemon Pound Cake is a variation on classic pound cake that is flavored with lemon.