My mom's Chilean pound cake. This pound cake recipe has a soft, buttery crumb that's perfectly dense without being at all dry or crumbly! A sweet, dense pound cake with a nice orange flavor. Ice with your favorite chocolate or cream cheese icing.
As far back as I can remember, Mom always baked cakes. The first three are big cakes. Do not use a Bundt pan or standard tube pan. You can have My mom's Chilean pound cake using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My mom's Chilean pound cake
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 of orange.
Use a large tube pan, which typically has three prongs spaced evenly around the edge of the pan. Serving up real food for real families! This amazingly easy and outrageously decadent Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is a dream come true! This pound cake by far is the best one I have tasted.
My mom's Chilean pound cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with electric mixer..
- Melt butter, then add butter and milk to the mix..
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer before adding to the dough. Incorporate to the mix..
- Squeeze the juice and grate the skin of about 1/3 or 1/2 of the orange (depending on size of orange and desired taste). Add to the dough and mix. Dough should be liquid enough to pour into the mold but very thick..
- OPTIONAL: for flavoring, you may change the orange for lemon, cocoa powder, 1 tbp vanilla essence, anise, etc..
- Spread some oil on the inside surfaces of the mold, pour the mix in evenly and put inside the oven for 40 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 40 minutes as it might become flat..
- Remove from the oven and stick a pointy knife in the middle of the cake until you reach the bottom of the mold. Remove the knife, if it comes out with batter or stains from it, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until knife comes out mostly clean..
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and preferably serve warm. You can also serve it cool after it has cooled down. Keep in an airtight container, preferably at room temperature as the fridge might make it become stiff..
- OPTIONAL: decorate the top with frosting, melted chocolate, fruits, sprinkles, etc. You may also serve a slice with honey or syrup on top.
Plus it was my first pound cake made from scratch, can you believe that one. This recipe is from Leslie's mom, and we all know how recipes from our mothers turn out. So I knew this pound cake was going to be great. It's an old-fashioned recipe that I've updated with a couple of tweaks to amplify its lemony flavor, making it completely irresistible! See more ideas about Chilean recipes, Recipes, South american A classic cake in Chile popular with kids and adults Black Forest Cake combines chocolate and cherry perfection.