Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken.
You can cook Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken
- Prepare 2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 2 of diced zucchini.
- Prepare 5 of diced red bell peppers.
- You need 1 cup of diced mushrooms (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 cans of water chestnuts.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1.5 cups of whole cashews.
- It’s 2 tbl of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of powdered ginger.
- It’s 3 tbl of veg. oil.
- You need 3 tbl of water?.
- Prepare 1 tbl of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbl of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbl of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tbl of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbl of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of rice (brown or white).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken step by step
- Spray cooking spray in crockpot, add all ingredients except for flour and cashews. Stir, cover, and if you c an let marinate in crockpot an hour before turning on. Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir occasionally if you can.
- One hour before done cooking remove approx 1-2 cups of the broth and make slurry with flour. Pour back into dish and stir. Cover and continue to cook on low for last hour so it can thicken..
- Start to cook rice this last hour (4 cups boiling water to 2 cups white rice).
- Salt and pepper to taste then add cashews and mix in. Enjoy!.