Chocolate marble cake. How To Make Marble Cake Layers. Once both cake batters (and the optional chocolate fudge ripple) are made, the real fun starts. Alternate spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate cake batter into your pans.
This easy Marble Cake recipe is made with swirls of vanilla and chocolate cake! A moist and fluffy cake covered in homemade chocolate buttercream frosting! This chocolate marble cake, called mamorkuchen in German, is tender and sweet with ribbons of chocolate swirling through the batter and a light almond scent. You can have Chocolate marble cake using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate marble cake
- You need 100 g of flour.
- You need 100 g of butter.
- It’s 90 g of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 50 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
This pretty Marble Cake is a combination of vanilla and chocolate batters that are swirled together just before baking to give that wonderful marbled effect. This cake need very few ingredients and comes out so spongy and fluffy. Do try this easy and interesting recipe and give your feedback below. This chocolate cake is a chocaholic's dream!
Chocolate marble cake step by step
- Put butter in a bowl. Heat it on microwave for 20 seconds..
- Beat butter until it is soft..
- Add sugar and beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a bowl..
- Add eggs in a bowl and mix well..
- Add flour in a bowl and mix well..
- Take out 1/3 mixture to another bowl. Add cocoa powder in it and mix well..
- Mix cocoa mixture in a bowl..
- Pour the mixture in a cake pad. Bake it in 180C oven for 35 minutes..
Most recipes for marble cake call solely for cocoa powder for the chocolate portion of the cake. I like to add real chocolate as well for a more intense, fudgy flavor; this makes the chocolate swirl portion. This German Marble Cake brings back such happy memories for the girls. They loved that chocolate frosting, especially with the sprinkles on top! Of course they also had to enjoy a nice cold glass of milk.