Spanish torrija cake. The Spanish tortilla has nothing in common with the Mexican variety except its shape and its name One is just a bread The other can be an appetizer, a snack, or even a light meal. Miriam Garcia let's us in on the secrets to making perfect Spanish Easter Torrijas, the Iberian answer to French Toast. Text And Photos By Miriam Garcia.
A traditional Spanish dish, a Spanish tortilla is basically a gussied up omelette. Our mass is the first Spanish mother mass of crop deposited in the World Mass Library Mother: The Center for Bread Flavor (Saint Vith – Belgium). Spanish French toast, torrijas, is soft inside, crisp outside and gently and warmly flavored. You can cook Spanish torrija cake using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish torrija cake
- You need 2 of Greek yogurts.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- You need 80 g of Melted butter.
- It’s 4 Cups of milk.
- You need 2 Cups of Flour (I use Gluten free).
- Prepare 80 g of sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vainilla essence.
Sometimes called "Spanish French toast," this dish is traditional at Easter, but Perhaps the easiest way to describe torrijas, if you've never tried them, is that they are basically Spanish French toast. Unlike most omelets, a Spanish tortilla is served at room temperature. It is the classic tapa, prepared all over. Torrijas is a typical easter spanish desert.
Spanish torrija cake instructions
- First step is mix well the melted butter with the sugar and with the eggs adding them one by one. After we add the yogurts with the cinnamon and the vainilla essence. We mix everything well. We add the flour with the instant yeast in little steps, we add for one cup of flour two of milk, to can move and mix well the dough. Once everything is mix it well we put the dough on the mold..
- With the oven previously heat at 200°C, we put to cook for 50 min at 180°C. Once it's finish let the cake get cold and reserve on the fridge for 4-6h. Enjoy it with the toppings that you want..
Torrijas is a typical easter spanish desert. In this video keyks explains how to make them with bread, eggs, milk, sugar and cinamon¡¡. Torrijas are made with a slightly different method that we traditionally think of for French toast in the States. (Actually, they're made more like Brazilian French Toast. Photo about Spanish Torrija and a golden fork on a red and white tablecloth. Torrija, is bread soaked in milk, coated in egg, fried in a pan with oil.