You can cook Sponge Cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- Prepare 5 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 100 ml of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn flour.
- It’s 5 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
Sponge Cake instructions
- Melt butter and blend with milk.
- Add flour and corn flour.
- Whisk in the egg yolk one at a time and set aside..
- On a sepate bowl, whisk the white eggs together with salt.
- Slowly add the white sugar and whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in approximately 1/3 egg whites to the batter.
- Fold in the batter to the egg whites.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and bake at 150° celcius for 90 minutes on a water bath.