Chastain's 3 Bean Chili. It's healthy, hearty and perfect for lunch A good chili recipe is a must and this vegan Three Bean Chili is loaded with flavor, protein and fiber. Pinto, kidney, and black beans are your trio in this three-bean ground turkey chili made in a slow cooker. This hearty vegetarian three bean chili is packed with protein from three varieties of beans: pinto, black, and kidney beans.
Thank you to USA Pulses and Pulses Canada for sponsoring this post! I generally make a big po. Three kinds of beans and ground beef make this a hearty, satisfying slow cooker chili. You can have Chastain's 3 Bean Chili using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chastain's 3 Bean Chili
- Prepare 1 can of rotel.
- Prepare 2 can of chili beans.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of dark red kidney beans.
- You need 1 of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1/2 can of pabst blue ribbon.
- You need 1 large of vidalia onion.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of hamburger meat.
As with most chilis, the recipe is versatile, and it's easily adapted to your family's tastes. Ground turkey is an excellent alternative to the ground beef or use some ground sausage with the ground beef to add. Easy vegan chili with three beans, everyday vegetables, and pantry ingredients. I adapted a recipe that my sister gave me to suit my family's tastes.
Chastain's 3 Bean Chili instructions
- Brown hamburger meat, adding about 2 tablespoons of garlic for drama. Set aside..
- Dice up the onion (the whole thing) and the bell pepper. Throw them on some heat in olive oil and sweat them for a bit..
- Combine everything in a big ass pot with a lid. Add salt, black pepper, paprika, and chili powder and cook on low for at least 30 minutes. If you're not in a hurry give it an hour, its worth it..
The bulgur has a nice texture, making it a great substitute for meat. Because I find that this chili is even better the next day, I recommend making it a day ahead. —Tari Ambler, Shorewood, Illinois. Three bean & lentil chili isn't especially spicy, but has just enough heat to warm you up on a cold winter's day. If you haven't cooked with green lentils before, they tend to hold their shape and retain a bit more firmness than some other lentil varieties. This makes them a super-satisfying choice to add.