You can cook Thanksgiving Burgers using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Burgers
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 cup of prepared cornbread stuffing from box.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 dash of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chk stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of apple butter.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of shredded italian cheese (the one with 3 or 4 in one bag).
Thanksgiving Burgers instructions
- Mix first 8 ingrediants with hands. Your hands are one of your best tools!.
- heat up a large pan or griddle with a little bitof olive oil over medium heat.
- (tip taken from rachael ray) flatten out meat mixture in bowl so ir appears as one even layer. so level it off by patting down with your finger's..
- with index finger indent four equal portions on top of meat (draw a cross on top).
- scoop out each portion, divide in half and work into a patty shape. make them the size of your buns. the meat will shrink up a little but not as much as beef..
- once you have 8 equal patties start pan frying in batches..
- about 3-4 minutes per side. turkey cooks fast. you want a nice brown color..
- after all burgers are done cooking, cover with foil to begin gravy sauce..
- in same pan you cooked the turkey in add the butter, more depending on the amount of fat already present in pan..
- add flour and stir, this is the roux!.
- slowly stir in chk stock to a light boil, it will thicken..
- once thickened slightly add the apple butter and whisk to a smooth consistency. add salt and pepper to taste..
- i grill my buns in butter then assemble as follows: bun, turkey burger, cheese, drizzled gravy, romaine lettuce, bun..
- viola! i serve mine with fries and drizzle thegravy on that aswell. if you don't have all ingrediants make some creative substitutions. don't be afraid to make it your own..