taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie. This sloppy joe shepherd's pie recipe is one meal that can be enjoyed any time of year, but I especially love to make it around The homemade sloppy joes meat mixture gives this casserole a slightly different twist than classic shepherd's pie. That and the fact that it's made. Double-up two favorites, with sloppy Joe flavor from prepared sauce jazzing up ground beef and instant mashed potatoes adding a crowning touch.
Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. In England (and Australia and New. You can cook taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie
- You need 1 lb of hamburger.
- You need 1 can of green beans.
- Prepare 1 can of peas.
- It’s 1 can of carrots. I didn't have corn so I used peas and carrots.
- You need 1 of instant mashed potatoes. I only had 2 cups left so made do with what I had.
- It’s 1 of milk for the potatoes.
- It’s 1 of butter for the potatoes.
- You need 1 of water for the potatoes.
- It’s 1 of half a block of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 2 can of of tomatoe soup.
- It’s 1 of half a small can of tomato paste and about half a can of water. I improvised since I only had 2 cans of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 dash of of red pepper.
- You need 1 of few dashes of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of salt.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of onion powder.
- You need 1 of basil to your taste.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best If you have leftovers, this is the perfect opportunity to repurpose them. If you don't, then yes, you need to make them. But it's insanely easy, and our recipe.
taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie step by step
- cook your hamburger in a frying pan with all of the dry seasonings until no longer pink. drain the grease..
- in the frying pan add in 1 can of tomato soup. then add in the hamburger..
- add in your drained veggies. mix.
- preheat oven to 350.
- add in second. can of tomato soup. mix. if it isn't enough sauce add in another can of tomato soup or do what I did and add in tomato paste and some water. mix. keep on low heat. taste. add extra of any seasoning if needed.
- make the instant mashed potatoes or you can do your own. if you do that start them before your hamburger..
- if the cheese is not shredded then shread that. I used half a block so I am not sure but I think it was maybe half a cup to a cup of cheese.
- take everything off heat when your ready to combine..
- in a casserole dish put the meat and veggie mix into it. then add the shredded cheese on top of that. then put your potatoes on top..
- bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or just until the potatoes are turning a golden brown.
- pull it out. let it sit for 5 minutes. then serve. enjoy.
I actually find chopping to be quite therapeutic, but. This Easy Shepherd's Pie is totally one of those easy recipes that can be customized for your family's taste (and what's in your refrigerator and pantry). My friend, Sarah, made this for me years ago and I just had to have the recipe. Since then, my mom and sisters have added it to their meal plans as well. This Keto Mashup Recipe For Sloppy Joe Shepherd's Pie will be the first of many more so subscribe and hit that notification bell to see all future Keto.