Marble Cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake, in which case it is mainly vanilla, with streaks of chocolate. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
Instead of the cake mix kind. I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. On a separate note, I always thought these were called marbled cake layers. You can cook Marble Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marble Cake
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 140 gr of sugar (add more if you prefer).
- You need 150 gr of all-purpose flour.
- You need 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of emulsifier.
- You need 100 gr of butter (melted).
- It’s 50 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need of (Combine both butter & oil).
- It’s 1 tbsp of cocoa powder (chocolate paste: dissolve with 2 tbsp hot water).
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. Soft, fluffy, moist marble cake, made with vanilla and chocolate cake swirled together. This cake is easy to make with my step-by-step instructions (and new video!), and is frosted with my favorite silky. The best marble cake I've ever had.
Marble Cake instructions
- Place eggs, sugar, flour, milk, vanilla, emulsifier in a mixing bowl. Whisk with high speed until reaching a thick and fluffy consistency..
- Add butter & oil to the batter. Do not over mix..
- Take a small portion of batter and combine with the prepared chocolate paste..
- Pour batter into a baking pan then add randomly chocolate butter on top. Make a random pattern with a toothpick or any kind of thin stick..
- Bake (pre-heat oven at 180 degC) for about 45-50 minutes. ENJOY!.
Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War. This is my recipe for marble cake, which has become a family favorite over the past few years. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.