Lemon cake in real lemon (by Her Castillo). This lemon loaf cake is packed with lemon flavour. The lemon glaze makes this cake perfectly moist. Top it with icing and zest and enjoy this beautiful and Add the lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
A four layer cake, filled with lemon curd and covered with lemon frosting. I've made this recipe a number of times and I always get rave reviews!! This Lemon Frosted Lemon Cake is sweet and buttery with a wonderful citrus flavor that comes from adding both lemon zest and juice. You can cook Lemon cake in real lemon (by Her Castillo) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon cake in real lemon (by Her Castillo)
- Prepare 4 of lemons (one for lemon zest).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- It’s of Decoration.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s of Rosemary.
Arabella Boxer has a recipe and talks about this cake in her wonderful book Arabella Boxer's Book of English Food which is about British foods served before WWII. The lemon cake is the most popular cake recipe! It's deliciously moist and light and is remarkable paired with tangy cream cheese buttercream. For the lemon glaze, mix together the lemon juice, zest and icing sugar.
Lemon cake in real lemon (by Her Castillo) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter in microwave..
- Cut 3 lemons into half. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon..
- Remove the lemon pulp using a spoon and a knife. You will get 6 lemon containers. Zest the last lemon..
- Use a handheld mixer to beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Whisk in flour and melted butter. Stir gently. Add lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined..
- Pour batter into the 6 lemon containers. Bake for around 20-25 minutes.
- Decoration: mix lemon juice and powdered sugar to make icing. Top each lemon cake with icing and rosemary..
- Bonus: Save the leftover lemon juice and lemon zest to make lemon curd. Watch video instruction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzBCRYAnQl8.
Bright lemon cake is the perfect spring or summer dessert. Top ours with whipped frosting for the ultimate indulgent dessert. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. The Best Lemon Buttermilk Cake Recipe ever! This simple southern lemon layer cake is soft and moist with a tangy-sweet frosting!