You can have Cheeseburger Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of small carrots – diced to 1/4 in. pieces.
- It’s 2 of medium Russet potatoes – diced to 1/4 in. pieces.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth or stock (may need up to 3 cups).
- Prepare 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of Velveeta – cubed.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream.
- You need 1 of salt – to taste.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper – to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder (optional).
Cheeseburger Soup step by step
- In a 3quart pot over medium heat add ground beef salt, pepper and garlic powder(if desired). Crumble and cook brown beef until no longer pink. Drain using colander and set aside for later..
- In same pot melt butter, add carrots and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Add potatoes to the pot. Pour in chicken broth/stock to just barely cover veggies. Increase heat to med-high, bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, cook at a low boil for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender..
- When potatoes are tender, return beef to pot. Stir in milk and Velveeta cubes..
- Continue over medium heat until heated through and all Velveeta is melted, stirring frequently to avoid sticking. About 10 minutes. Do not allow to simmer or boil at this point, milk may curdle..
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream until fully incorporated, adjust seasoning to taste. Then simply eat and enjoy!.