Peanut butter cookies. These cookies were for sure the best Peanut Butter cookies I ever made. I too added just a little more flour and a little more Peanut Butter. The peanut butter cookie recipe that most resembles modern peanut butter cookies, and introduced the now familiar cross-hatch pattern, first appeared in Ruth Wakefield's Toll House Tried and True.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Measure the peanut butter and sugar into a bowl. Peanut butter cookies are always a classic hit to enjoy with your family and friends. You can cook Peanut butter cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peanut butter cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Peanut butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of margarine or butter.
- It’s 1 of each egg.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of flour.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
These peanut butter cookies are quick, simple, and fun to make, which means that you will be enjoying them in no. Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together. Straight from my mom's recipe box, these are the BEST peanut butter cookies – they are easy to make and stay wonderfully soft. When you make a "peanut butter cookie" with only peanut butter, sugar, and an egg, you just can't get the typical texture that you'd expect from a cookie.
Peanut butter cookies instructions
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, margarine and egg in large bowl..
- Stir in other ingredients..
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 24..
- Heat oven to 375°F..
- Shape dough into 1 -1/4 inch balls..
- Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet..
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar..
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown..
- Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet..
And that's why this peanut butter cookie. Make cookies: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and sugars and beat with a hand mixer on medium until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. These vegan peanut butter cookies are impossible to stop eating! The cookies are so deliciously light, soft, chewy, and better than any other peanut butter cookie—vegan or not—that I've ever tried.