Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake). I would like to share with you my ube (purple yam custard cake). The combination of the taste is really good! UBE CHEESE PANDESAL with UBE HALAYA
Visit our website for more food. Vegan and Dairy Free Purple Yam Jam! Ube cakes are technically chiffon cakes that taste like ube but this version, while still soft, is much Ube cake (or Filipino purple yam cake) is unlike any cake you've had before. You can have Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake)
- It’s of Custard Ingredients: 5 egg yolks, 1 egg, 3 tsp brown sugar (you can add more if you like☺️) 1 tsp vanilla, 2/ tsp water, 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, 1/2 cup condensed milk.
- Prepare of Cake: 5 egg whites, 2 egg yolks, 2 tsp white sugar, 1 tbsp Purple Yam, 1tsp purple food colour, 1/4cup evaporated milk, 1/8 corn oil, 3/4 cup cake flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder.
- Prepare of Frosting: 1 bottle of Ube Halaya Jam (Purple Yam).
It's sweet and earthy If you want your cake to be a vibrant purple, you can add gel food colour at this stage and give the. This Filipino purple yam dessert (ube halaya or ube jam) is not only eye-catching, it's totally delicious!! Mashed purple yam is cooked slowly with butter, evaporated milk and condensed milk which give this colorful dessert such a luscious buttery, creamy and sweet flavor. Ube Halaya is a classic dessert in the Philippines, a sweet pudding-like jam made with grated purple yam and sweet coconut milk!
Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) step by step
- Custard – Make the caramel base of the custard first by melting sugar with a little bit of water. Once sugar is caramelised set it aside. In a separate bowl, mix egg, egg yolks, evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla. Then strain the egg mixture 4-5 times until it’s smooth. Remove the bubbles and pour in the mixture to the pan with the caramelised sugar..
- Cover with foil then punch holes to avoid water drops. Pre-heat the steamer for at least 10 minutes then put the custard pan and steam it for 30-40 minutes. Let it cool down, set aside or put it in a fridge..
- Cake Meringue – Make the egg white frothy first. Add sugar while continuously whisking until you achieve peaks. Set aside..
- Cake Batter: Mix together egg yolks, sugar, evaporated milk, oil, vanilla, Ube Halaya, purple food colour. Then add the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda. Mix until no lump. Then add the meringue by batch then fold gently..
- Pour in the mixture into a round shaped baking pan and steam it for 40 to 60 minutes. Use a skewer to test if cake is fully cooked. Set aside and let it cool down before cutting it into half..
- Frosting: I used the remaining Ube Halaya for frosting and Rosetta swirls using a piping tool (I think it would come out better using a piping bag) ✌️.
Enjoy it by the spoonful or mold "Ube Halaya is the flavor I get at Boba Guys!" my daughter exclaimed when she came home to find the little cakes chilling in the refrigerator. Scroll down for more Ube goodness! This is the Ube and Leche Flan mashup you You can grab this purple yam cake filled with creamy custard, ube sponge cake, and purple frosting at One of their signature desserts include the Ube Halaya Crisp ala mode, which is. Ube cake is a traditional Filipino chiffon cake or sponge cake made with ube halaya (mashed purple yam). It is distinctively vividly purple in color, like most dishes made with ube in the Philippines.