Whole Wheat Carrot Cake. This healthy carrot cake recipe is incredibly moist and nobody will believe it's whole wheat! Recipe includes a less sugary cream cheese frosting. Can also be made with all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour.
White flour or any gluten free flour acts differently. Easy healthy carrot cake recipe starts with baking, frosting and serving it all in the same pan. Cake is so moist, you don't need the frosting between the layers. You can have Whole Wheat Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grated carrots.
- You need 2 of eggs beaten.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried apricots chopped.
How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. It wasn't until recently that we realized I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. Healthier Carrot Cake (Naturally Sweetened + Whole Grain).
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Mix apple sauce and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Then add eggs, vanilla and carrots..
- Mix in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger..
- Add baking soda and baking powder. It is important to add these ingredients separate from the rest but just before the flour as they will give your batter some air bubbles..
- Add the flour. Once it is completely mixed in, add the apricots and sunflower seeds..
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and bake for 1 hour..
I have previously shared Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting, Carrot Muffins, and Pumpkin Carrot Cake, and today I'm bringing you a healthy carrot cake recipe. This moist cake is a keeper and the kids will rave about it. Carrot Cake Bread Ingredients: Whole wheat flour: Using whole wheat will not only add more nutrition, but also a great nutty flavor to these cupcakes. Carrot cake is one of my favorite things in the whole world. This healthier version is a perfect excuse to make this recipe.