Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) 【Recipe Video】. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla cake mix, vegetable oil, and water. Beat with an electric hand mixer to combine. Pour the cake batter onto the prepared baking sheet and spread with a spatula into an even layer.
One of my husband's favorite desserts is a chocolate swiss roll that we used to buy at a Japanese bakery on Robson street in downtown. What Differentiate Japanese Roll Cake from Swiss Roll. The fluffiness and light texture of the sponge cake come from the egg whites that are beaten till stiff peaks, like a chiffon cake recipe. You can have Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) 【Recipe Video】 using 22 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) 【Recipe Video】
- Prepare of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- Prepare of Sponge Cake (Chiffon Cake).
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks (80g, 2.8 oz).
- Prepare 35 g (3 Tbsp) of granulated sugar, for egg yolk.
- Prepare 45 g (3.7 Tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- You need 65 g of (4 + 1/3 Tbsp) milk.
- It’s 105 g of cake flour (3.7 oz).
- Prepare 4 of egg whites (160g, 5.6 oz).
- It’s 65 g (5.5 Tbsp) of granulated sugar, for egg white.
- You need of Cheese Cream.
- Prepare 100 g (3.5 oz) of cream cheese.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar, for cream cheese.
- You need 200 g of (7 oz, 7/8 us cup) heavy cream.
- You need 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar, for heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need of Coffee Syrup.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of boiling water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of rum.
- You need of For dusting.
- Prepare of cocoa powder, sugar-free.
Beat until stiff peaks form and you have meringue. Tiramisu cake roll recipe- espresso flavored sponge cake, brushed with coffee syrup and filled with Mascarpone Cheese Cream filling. I chose making a Tiramisu cake roll, because Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts. I also noticed that a lot of people liked my Classic Tiramisu Recipe, which was.
Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) 【Recipe Video】 instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→youtu.be/6rkKh3Fvt30.
- 【For Chiffon Cake】Sift the cake flour twice. Put the egg yolk in a large bowl. Put the egg white in another large bowl. Let the egg white sit in a fridge. Preheat an oven to 210℃ / 410 F..
- Add granulated sugar to the egg yolk. Mix it with a whisk until whitish and heavy. Pour the oil little by little in it while stirring. Make it smooth. (Emulsify it.).
- Warm the milk with a microwave to body temperature. Pour it little by little in the egg yolk mixture while stirring..
- Add cake flour and stir it until powderiness disappears. And then mix strongly and speedy 20-30 times until heavy a little..
- Take the egg white out from the fridge. Beat it lightly until watery. Whip it with a hand mixer on high speed..
- When it becomes white and fluffy, add granulated sugar in 2 parts. Whip it until the peak hangs down lightly. Whip slowly on low speed for a min to smooth it..
- Add the meringue to egg yolk batter in 3-4 parts. Stir well until smooth at 1st addition..
- From the next addition, mix the top lightly, and then scoop it up and let it slip through your whisk; repeat scooping. Mix well until combined and smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl, and fold it..
- Pour it into a baking sheet, and flatten it. Bake it at 180℃ / 356 F for 18 mins. After baking, drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Take the cake out from the sheet, and let it cool; set aside..
- 【For Cheese Cream】Put the cream cheese in a bowl. Mix it until smooth. Add granulated sugar. Mix well until the roughness of sugar disappears..
- Add granulated sugar and lemon juice to the heavy cream. Whip it while cooling with ice water until soft peaks form, on low speed..
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese in 3-4 times, and fold it until combined. Let it sit in a fridge..
- 【For Coffee Syrup】Add instant coffee to hot water, and stir well. Add granulated sugar, and stir to melt the sugar. Add rum and mix well..
- 【Let's finish up!】Brush both sides of the cake with the syrup, and use up the syrup..
- Spread a plastic wrap over the cake and turn it over. Cut off the edge (end of rolling) at an angle..
- Spread the cheese cream over the sponge..
- Roll the cake. Roll it up tightly at the beginning. Lift the plastic wrap and push and roll..
- Wrap it with parchment paper. And then seal it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying. Let it sit in a fridge overnight to make the sponge moist. (It's OK 3 hours as well.).
- Sprinkle cocoa powder. It's all done!.
Tiramisu Cake Roll made with espresso flavored sponge cake that's brushed with a coffee-liqueur syrup, then filled with a Or just a ROLL?? While everyone is on a Pumpkin Roll kick, I am currently adoring all things coffee and all things liqueur, especially when they make their appearance together. Great recipe for Fluffy Airy Chiffon Roll Cake. I wanted to eat something fluffy and airy. Mix the batter with a handheld mixer up until the last step.