Lemon Sponge Cake.
You can have Lemon Sponge Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Sponge Cake
- Prepare 90 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 90 g of fine sugar.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 22 g of oil.
- It’s 25 g of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest.
Lemon Sponge Cake step by step
- Separate the egg white with the yolk. Add the vinegar into the egg white and start to whisk the egg white in a big mixing bowl until it start to turn white and foaming, then gradually adding the sugar into the egg by 3 separate times. Use the high speed of the electric whisker until the egg white can stand..
- Add the egg yolk into the egg white using the handheld whisker. Try not to mix for too long.
- Adding the flour into the egg white mixture and mix with the handheld whisker.
- Add the oil and lemons juice and zest into the bowl.
- After combining all the ingredients, pour thé batter into the baking bowl, shake the bowl to remove any big bubble inside the batter.
- Ore-heat thé oven to 150C and then bake the cake for 35 minutes, then increase the temperature to 170c for another 3 minutes.
- When the baking is done, open the door and let the cake sit in the oven for another 5 minutes before taking it out to prevent the cake from collapse.