Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies were for sure the best Peanut Butter cookies I ever made. I too added just a little more flour and a little more Peanut Butter. The peanut butter cookie recipe that most resembles modern peanut butter cookies, and introduced the now familiar cross-hatch pattern, first appeared in Ruth Wakefield's Toll House Tried and True.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Measure the peanut butter and sugar into a bowl. Peanut butter cookies are always a classic hit to enjoy with your family and friends. You can cook Peanut Butter Cookies using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Cookies
- You need 200 grams of plain flour (7 oz).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 115 grams of unsalted butter (4 oz).
- Prepare 100 grams of caster sugar (3 1/2 oz).
- You need 100 grams of unrefined light brown sugar (3 1/2 oz).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 225 grams of crunchy peanut butter (8oz).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
These peanut butter cookies are quick, simple, and fun to make, which means that you will be enjoying them in no. Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together. Straight from my mom's recipe box, these are the BEST peanut butter cookies – they are easy to make and stay wonderfully soft. When you make a "peanut butter cookie" with only peanut butter, sugar, and an egg, you just can't get the typical texture that you'd expect from a cookie.
Peanut Butter Cookies step by step
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars until soft and creamy.
- Combine the egg, flour mixture, peanut butter and salt.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in foil or parchment and refrigerate for at least two hours, preferably overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC (325ºF / Gas mark 3).
- Shape the dough into 3-cm (1 1/4-in) balls and place them 5cm (2 in) apart on baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork..
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
And that's why this peanut butter cookie. Make cookies: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and sugars and beat with a hand mixer on medium until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. These vegan peanut butter cookies are impossible to stop eating! The cookies are so deliciously light, soft, chewy, and better than any other peanut butter cookie—vegan or not—that I've ever tried.