Tres Leches Cake.
You can cook Tres Leches Cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tres Leches Cake
- You need of Cake Base.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar (divided into 3/4 and 1/4 cup).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s of Cake syrup.
- It’s 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 14 oz of condensed milk.
- It’s of Little more than 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- It’s of Whipped Cream Frosting.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Tres Leches Cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Grease the pan (Baking pan or pyrex) with butter. Keep 3 mixing bowls ready..
- Separate egg white and yolks..
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- Beat egg yolks along with 3/4 cup sugar at high speed using hand mixer until it becomes pale yellow in color. Add in milk and vanilla extract. Beat at low speed until it gets mixed..
- Add in the flour mixture and beat once at low speed, so that everything gets mixed. Keep aside..
- Clean the beater, whisk and mixing bowl and dry them well. If it is wet, egg whites cannot be beaten into desired consistency..
- Beat egg whites on high speed until you get foam consistency. Add in 1/4 cup sugar little at a time and continue to beat at high speed until you get a stiff peak..
- Add the white mixture on top of yolk mixture and gently fold in until it gets mixed well. Do not mix it vigorously..
- Transfer it to the greased pan or pyrex and bake it in the preheated oven for 20 mins..
- While it’s baking, prepare cake syrup by mixing condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream. Keep it refrigerated..
- Also prepare whipped cream frosting by beating heavy cream along with sugar and vanilla extract..
- Once the cake is ready cool it and invert it. Make holes all over the cake using a fork. Slowly pour the syrup and wait for 30 mins or until the cake absorbs the syrup..
- Spread the whipped cream frosting on top of the cake. Decorate with strawberries.