Homemade Gingerbread Cake. If you like gingerbread cookies, but don't like the effort needed to make them, try this moist, flavorful, low sodium homemade gingerbread cake. Sweet with a hint of spice this Gingerbread Cake is the perfect dessert for the holidays. Quick and easy homemade gingerbread spice mix.
Homemade Gingerbread Cake -a classic Christmas cake topped with our super delicious Best Cream Cheese Frosting and boy is it easy to make. At first gingerbread was made with breadcrumbs and sweetened. Learn how to make puffy, fragrant ginger cakes just like the ones sold in Colonial Williamsburg. You can cook Homemade Gingerbread Cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Gingerbread Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of White Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Stick Butter (softened).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 cup of Molasses.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Hot Boiling Water.
A Colonial Williamsburg delicacy that's perfect anytime of year. "This dark moist cake combines the old-fashioned flavors of ginger and molasses," says Ila Alderman of Galax, Virginia. Gingerbread Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Learn how to make my Gingerbread Mug Cake recipe for a spicy, delicious seasonal mug cake you can make in just a few minutes along with my other Mug Cakes! Gingerbread Layer Cake with Whipped Mascarpone Cream and Sugared Cranberries Adapted from Claudia Fleming (cake), Nancy Silverton (stabilized cream) and My Recipes (sugared cranberries).
Homemade Gingerbread Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Cream together sugar & butter..
- Beat in egg..
- Mix in Molasses..
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, spices, salt, and baking soda. Twice..
- Blend the Flour mix into the Molasses mix, alternating hot water and flour mix till everything comes together..
- Mix together thoroughly for 3 minutes. <— Ensures the cake won't fall flat or cave in the middle during baking..
- Pour into 9 inch greased pan..
- Bake for 1hour. Cool. Cut. & Serve with sifted powdered sugar. Add whipped cream. Eat. Enjoy. Nap.(;.
Spiced Vegan Gingerbread Cake is a quick and easy dessert to whip up for the holidays! This cakes come together quickly and tastes great with just a dusting of powdered sugar on top. The meal must end with this gingerbread cake and it's glistening lemon glaze. My wife Michele makes this every year, and uses a recipe she adapted from the Silver Palate Cookbook, which despite being. Keywords: gingerbread, gingerbread cake, microwave cake.