Chocolate and Coconut Flan Cake.
You can cook Chocolate and Coconut Flan Cake using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate and Coconut Flan Cake
- Prepare 6 tbsp. of homemade toffee.
- You need of For the flan:.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 250 ml of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of vanilla essence.
- You need of For the cake:.
- It’s 125 g of plain flour.
- You need 75 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 10 g of instant espresso coffee powder.
- Prepare 20 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 75 ml of cooking oil.
Chocolate and Coconut Flan Cake step by step
- Grease a 23cm savarin pan with butter..
- Spoon the toffee around the base of the pan..
- Sponge cake: Whisk the eggs and sugar together in an electric mixer bowl for about 5 minutes. Sieve the flour, baking powder, coffee, coco powder and salt. Add in in the egg mixture, fold in gently. Pour the oil down the side of the bowl, fold in gently, spoon the mixture into the baking pan..
- Preheat oven 170 Celsius..
- The flan: whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, condensed milk and vanilla essence. Pour the mixture gently into the cake pan. It will disappear under the cake mixture..
- Cover with foil. Bake it for 45 – 50 minutes. Leave to cool for 1 hour. Chill it for at least 4 hours before turning it out onto a large plate..