Homemade Lime Rum Cake. This rum and citrus-infused cake will be your new favorite dessert! Bake the cake, brush it liberally with a buttery rum soak, then drizzle it all over with an easy-to-make glaze packed with key. This easy homemade Rum Cake recipe is made from scratch and topped with a delicious homemade glaze.
This rum cake recipe is made from scratch, with rum baked into a delicious yellow bundt cake and drizzled with a butter-rum sauce. Actually, it's probably more accurately called butter rum cake, since the key ingredient to its decadence would make Paula Dean proud. Tangy Key lime juice and zest blended with rum under a Key lime glaze give this moist tube cake its refreshing tropical flavors. You can have Homemade Lime Rum Cake using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Lime Rum Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3.5 oz of instant vanilla pudding.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk room temp.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum (I used bacardi lime).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
- You need of Rum soak.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need of Glaze.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lime juice.
This Homemade Rum Cake is made completely from scratch, incredibly buttery, soft, and light. Today's rum cake recipe is one that's been highly requested over the last few months. I can't even tell you how many rum cakes I went through to get the winning recipe, but it was a lot! This rum and citrus-infused cake will be your new favorite dessert.
Homemade Lime Rum Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°; Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- For the CAKE: In a bowl mix flour, sugar, pudding, baking powder, salt, butter, and canola oil until batter has a sand consistency; Add in milk and eggs until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into bundt pan; Smooth top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes; Then let cake cool slightly.
- For RUM SOAK: Combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and rum in a sauce pan; Bring to a boil over high heat; Reduce heat to low and simmer until it is slightly thickened.
- Transfer syrup into bowl and add vanilla and lime juice.
- With a skewer poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour syrup all over the cake small amounts at a time allowing the syrup to soak in between pours.
- Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake sit for AT LEAST 8 HOURS; Transfer onto cake plate.
- For LIME GLAZE: Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake.
Sweet, tart, and boozy, all in one bite! Rum Cake makes a classic holiday dessert and this easy, yet elegant rum cake recipe will quickly become a festive favorite! There's no cake or pudding mix involved but this homemade rum cake is even more delicious! Reviewers love it and it's always the hit of holiday parties. Learn how to make Rum Cake with Key Lime Buttercream.