Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese.
You can have Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese
- Prepare 2 of Yukon gold potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 2 of whole carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, halved and sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s of canola oil, enough to saute plus some.
- Prepare of unsweetened almond milk, enough to float veggies in blender.
- You need 1/4 c. of nutritional yeast.
- It’s of juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s of generous dash of cayenne.
Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese instructions
- Put water on to boil. Cut potatoes and carrots. On a separate board, cut onions and garlic..
- Heat canola oil in pan on low heat. Add potatoes and carrots to boiling water, and onions and garlic to pan..
- Boil/saute for apprx. 10-15 minutes (variations in stoves will determine proper cooking time). Carrots should be soft and onions should brown on edges..
- Add almond milk into blender, covering blade. Add boiled veggies to blender. Fill blender with almond milk until almost covering veggies..
- Add onions and garlic to blender (include oil if desired). Fill blender with oil to cover onions..
- Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and cayenne to blender. Gradually increase blend speed to highest speed, removing cap if necessary (whipped heat will create pressure, this should not be attempted in a bullet blender). Blend apprx 1-2 minutes depending on blender capabilities. Product should be smooth with only trace specks of cayenne visible..