Chicken pot pie filling. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. Next time I will mix the filling and gravy together before putting it in the shell. I couldn't get the liquid to seep down through which caused the filling to be a bit too dry.
A dash of poultry seasoning or some finely chopped fresh sage will enhance. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. You can cook Chicken pot pie filling using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie filling
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of Peas.
- You need of Dania.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Tomato paste.
- You need of Barbeque sauce.
- You need of Spices(chicken masala, paprika, Garam etc).
- You need of Broth(chicken/beef/vegetable).
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all frozen vegetables, and all dried herbs. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for dinner on chilly nights, this Chicken Pot Pie is fantastic.
Chicken pot pie filling step by step
- In a non-stick saucepan, put a little cooking oil. Add your chicken and sprinkle some salt. Cover to cook for a while in it's juices..
- Add your peas to the chicken..
- Remove your chicken and set aside..
- Meanwhile dice your carrots and potatoes and onions into really small cubes..
- In the same saucepan, put your onions and a little oil. Sauté till translucent. Add your potatoes and carrots..
- Shred your chicken..
- Add to the mixture of carrots etc. Add your spices, tomato paste, Dania, BBQ sauce. Add some broth too..
- Let the flavours fuse and allow to cool before you use it with dough or pastry..
Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source, pre-made, in almost any grocery freezer aisle, we strongly believe that making your own, from scratch. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken!