Chicken Pot Pie.
You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 1 of pastry sheet puff , frozen.
- Prepare 400 Grams of chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1 of onion , diced.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of garlic , chopped.
- It’s 2 Cups of button mushrooms , diced.
- It’s , 4 rashers of bacon cut into pieces.
- It’s 1/2 of butter stick.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of rosemary , dried.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of oregano , dried.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- It’s To Taste of salt.
- Prepare To Taste of pepper.
- Prepare of olive oil.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Wash and dry four 6oz. ramekins. set aside..
- In a flat dish, place the flour. mix in the rosemary and enough salt and pepper (as per your taste). set aside..
- Clean the chicken thighs well (skin and bone them) and try and trim off as much of the white sinew-y bits as possible. cut the chicken into bite size pieces..
- In a pan, heat the butter with a tablespoon of olive oil (to prevent the butter from burning)..
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and onion. saute well..
- When the onions are just translucent, dredge the chicken pieces in the flour (coat them all well) and add to the pan. stir them around till the flour is cooked and the chicken pieces firm up and turn opaque..
- Add the crumbled bouillon cube, bacon and mushrooms and stir well..
- When the mushrooms and bacon and nearly cooked (bacon renders its fat to the pan and crisps up a bit), add about 1/4 cup of water from a recently boiled kettle. stir well..
- The flour and butter should inadvertently form a roux (of sorts), which the water will combine with to form something like a thick sauce. at this stage, add the oregano, stir for a bit and take it off the heat..
- Divide the chicken mixture between the four ramekins. preheat the oven to 180 degrees..
- Prepare the ramekins by wetting the rim with water. stick strips of puff pastry along the rim..
- Next, place a circular piece of puff pastry on top (like a dome). press the edges down with a fork to 'lock' the dome in place. (OR you could just stick it roughly on top like i did, and make it look 'rustic')..
- Place the pot-pies in the hot oven, and let them bake for about 15 – 20 minutes (till the dome is puffed and golden)..
- Remove it from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes..
- Dig in! :D.
- Optional: you could brush an egg wash on top of the puff-pastry dome just to make it brown a bit more….