Chicken pot pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. You can have Chicken pot pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- You need 1 of large chicken.
- It’s 1 of roll of puff pastry.
- Prepare 200 g of plain flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 500 ml of whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 100 ml of white wine.
- Prepare of Fresh thyme.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
Chicken pot pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 180’C and roast chicken. Once it is cooked, debone and skin the chicken..
- Prepare the béchamel. Melt the butter and add 3/4 flour, turning it into a roux. Slowly add the milk, mixing the sauce until smooth. Reduce the heat and add the mustard and garlic. Season the sauce. Let the sauce cook on a low heat and stir the wine in. Let the sauce cool..
- Mix the chicken into the sauce..
- Roll the pastry out using the remainder flour. Pour the filling into the pastry. Fold the edges over and egg wash the crust. Sprinkle thyme on top before baking..
- Bake until pastry is golden and cooked through. Let the pie rest and then remove from tin, ready for serving..
- Prepare mushrooms. Roast the mushrooms on 160’C and serve with the pie..
- Enjoy with a fresh bowl of salad..
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.