Sarge's turkey pot pie. Surprisingly, the humble pot pie has a colorful history dating all the way back to the Roman Empire when it was a common dish served at royal banquets. This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Brushing the crust with heavy cream and sprinkling with flaky sea salt is an absolute must.
Roll out pastry to fit top of each pie; place over filling. This was the best pot pie Ive had in a while. Turkey pot pie made from scratch in a cast iron skillet with sweet potatoes and rosemary — a great way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! You can cook Sarge's turkey pot pie using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sarge's turkey pot pie
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Turkey.
- Prepare 1 of double pastery crust.
- You need 5 cup of mix veggitables any kind your choice.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
I originally shared my favorite recipe for turkey pot pie after Thanksgiving last year. Since I imagine many of you have a fridge full of leftover turkey, I. This turkey pot pie has a Cajun twist, starting with the trinity of onions, celery, and green bell peppers, and spiced up a bit with Cajun seasoning. It's topped with a flaky, buttery crust, which is in my opinion, the best reason of all to make a pot pie.
Sarge's turkey pot pie instructions
- pre heat your oven to 375°F.
- in a large mixing bowl combine your choice of veggies, can of cream of chicken, shreaded turkey..
- mix combanation well.
- take pastery crust and lay it out in your baking dish.
- spread mixture evenly in the crust and add the top crust crimping the edges together..
- cut three slits in top crust.
- once over is ready brush butter on the top crust and place in center of the rack.
- bake between 15-20 mins..
- once done let stand for 5 mins..
You can either make it as a large casserole or in ramekins for. This turkey pie recipe is an excellent way to use your turkey dinner leftovers. Use the included butter crust pastry or use refrigerated pie dough. This turkey pie is easy, and it's a great way to use leftover meat. The recipe can be made even easier with purchased gravy and a ready-made pie crust sheet.