Easy Chicken Pot Pie.
You can cook Easy Chicken Pot Pie using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts; medium dice.
- You need 1 package of pie crusts.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion; medium dice.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic; minced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of carrot; medium dice.
- It’s 1 T of rosemary; minced.
- It’s 1 t of thyme; minced.
- It’s 1/3 C of white wine vinegar.
- You need 12 oz of roasted chicken gravy.
- Prepare 1/2 bundle of parsley; chiffonade.
- It’s 1 of large pinch kosher salt and black pepper.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Let pie dough sit outside of fridge for 1 hour, or pie doigh will rip when unrolled, as shown. If it does rip you can press it together with your fingers or a rolling pin..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan. Add chicken, celery, carrots, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper..
- Saute on medium-high heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic during last 30 seconds and saute until fragrant..
- Add vinegar. Reduce until dry. About 1-2 minutes..
- Add gravy. Bring to a simmer. Add parsley and stir..
- Line a pie tin with 1 layer of the dough. Add chicken filling. Top with other layer of dough and seal the outside with your fingers or a fork. Make a vent for steam in the center of the pie with a small paring knife..
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes..
- Variations; Cardoons, shallot, red onion, sweet potatoes, turnips, butternut squash, rutabaga, parsnip, potatoes, paprika, habanero, bacon, oregano, marjoram, corn, zucchini, squash, scallions, leeks, ramps, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, chives, basil, sage, lemon, lime, spinach, arugula, jalapeños, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, dried ranch seasoning, dried onion soup mix, parmesan, pearl onions, beer, white wine, bourbon, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, avocado, poblano, honey, roasted garlic, tomatoes, honey, white beans, dijon, tarragon, dill, asparagus, ginger.