Chicken Pot Pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- You need of Refrigerated pie crust.
- Prepare of Chicken breast or quarters.
- Prepare of Frozen carrots and peas.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken.
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 tbl of Thyme.
- It’s 1 tbl of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- It’s 1 tbl of Seasoned salt (Adjust as needed).
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Boil chicken with the potatoes (for deep dish you want about 2 chicken quarters or 4 boneless chicken breast, cut in half if not using a deep dish or for smaller portions). Once chicken is cooked debone or shred with forks..
- In a large mixing bowl add chicken, potatoes, frozen carrots and peas, and cream of chicken. You may need to add some water to make sure there is plenty of liquid to mix the ingredients well. Add seasonings..
- In a deep dish pie plate place the bottom pie crust, do not poke. Add filling. Put top crust on, pinch top and bottom crust together. Cut a slit in the pie crust..
- Bake at 350° for 45 min or til crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.