Chicken Pot Pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 large of potato, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables.
- It’s 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 box of pilsbury refrigerated pie crust..
- It’s 1 of egg plus 1 tablespoon water to make egg wash.
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Boil chicken over medium in seasoned water..
- As chicken cooks, cook potatoes until al dente..
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove chicken and let cool. Dice chicken and add to soup mix and potatoes..
- Combine soup and vegetables with one soup can of reserved broth..
- Line pie plate with crust and fill with mixture. Top with other crust an fluke edges to seal. Brush with egg wash and bake until golden brown, about 60-70 minutes..
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.