Chicken pot pie for a group. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for dinner on chilly nights, this Chicken Pot Pie is fantastic.
Nothing unusual here – but just a couple of comments on some of the ingredients: Stock powder – this adds more flavour in. Classic chicken pot pie recipe made with tender chicken and vegetables underneath a buttery, flaky crust. An easy and delicious single serving meal. You can have Chicken pot pie for a group using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie for a group
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of chicken.
- Prepare 11 oz of can of corn drained.
- It’s 1 can of diced new potatoes.
- Prepare 1 box of Pillsbury pie crust.
- Prepare 1 lb of California mix veggies.
- It’s 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 can of 10 oz. cream of chicken soup.
Updated notes: This single serving Chicken Pot Pie recipe was one of the very first recipes posted here at One Dish Kitchen several years ago. A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry. The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef.
Chicken pot pie for a group step by step
- preheat oven to 375.
- biol chicken just until done.
- cool chicken down shred or chop.
- mix salt, pepper, cream of chicken, chopped veggies, and corn..
- gently mix new potatoes into the mixture, be careful not to mush them up..
- line an 8×8 pan with one of the pie crust all the way up the sides..
- bake crust for five minutes remove and let cool (this can be done while you are boiling the bird.).
- fill crust with mixture and drape the second crust over the mixture and pinch the edges together, then cut slits in the top for ventilation..
- cook for about 45 minutes, take out let cool for about 10 minutes before serving..
Just stir in chicken, veggies and some cheese of course! Using a double crust (for the top and bottom) is what makes this the Ultimate Pot Pie, giving you extra crust to soak up the luscious sauce. Best-Ever Healthier Chicken Pot Pie Recipe. Say goodbye to unnecessary calories while still indulging in the beloved comfort food. The bulk of the calories in pot pies comes from the butter-laden pastry that crowns the bowls.