chicken pot pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. You can cook chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of chicken pot pie
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken tenders.
- Prepare 1 small of sweet onion, diced.
- It’s 2 medium of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, including leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed.
- It’s 1 packages of reduced fat alouette garlic & herb spread.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 dash of dry sherry.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 each of pie crusts.
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
chicken pot pie instructions
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- line pie plate with 1 crust.
- sauté chicken in olive oil. season with salt & pepper. lightly brown, then remove from pan & chop..
- deglaze pan with sherry & add onions. cook 2-3 min, then add celery, carrots, & peas. Cook 4-5 min, until carrots are just tender. stir in cheese spread & return chicken to pan. add a little milk if the mixture is too thick. heat until warmed through..
- pour into crust lined pie plate. top with second crust, crimping edges & poking a few holes in top..
- bake in 400 oven for 30 minutes, until crust is golden. let cool a bit before slicing. yum!.
- substitute lightly steamed broccoli florets for the peas & celery & add grated pepperjack for a fun twist!.
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.