Homemade chicken pot pie. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh Of course, if you have the time to make your own homemade pie crust, that would be amazing too. The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry.
Making your own crust takes this chicken pot pie to the next level. Here's how to make homemade chicken pot pie, the most comforting meal ever. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. You can have Homemade chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade chicken pot pie
- You need 1 packages of ready made pie crusts.
- Prepare 1 packages of mixed vegetables.
- You need 3 medium of potatoes diced.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 dash of onion powder.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 each of cubed chicken breasts (I used leftovers).
With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its. Learn how to make one of the most comforting of all comfort food recipes of all time.chicken pot pie! Perfect for Sunday dinner on a cold winter weekend! Homemade chicken pot pie might just be one of the most comforting dishes of all time.
Homemade chicken pot pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425..
- Put potatoes and vegetables in microwave safe bowl and heat until vegetables are tender. About 5-7 minutes..
- Roll out the pie crust in a pie pan..
- Mix all remaining ingredients and put in pie pan..
- Cover with remaining pie crust..
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown. I covered the edges with aluminum foil so the edges did not get too brown..
- Remove from oven. Let sit for 10 – 15 minutes. Then serve and enjoy..
This version is made from scratch, giving it an extra special character that only comes with homemade crust and stew. While it might require a little extra time and effort, we promise this chicken pot pie will be worth it! This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. There's no flavor comparison when it comes to homemade vs. storebought, which are often made with vegetable oils or shortening. I get that pie crust can be kind of challenging, but you only.