Ken's Easy 3-Bean Salad. Mix sugar and vinaigrette in bowl until sugar is dissolved. Drain cans of green and wax beans, drain and rinse can of kidney beans. Toss beans in dressing bowl until incorporated.
Three bean salad is perfect for a picnic or a. This three bean salad recipe is a fresh twist on the classic! To give this old fashioned three bean salad an extra pop of flavor, I included some fresh herbs. You can cook Ken's Easy 3-Bean Salad using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ken's Easy 3-Bean Salad
- It’s 32 oz of Green Beans, cut.
- It’s 16 oz of Wax Beans, cut.
- Prepare 16 oz of Kidney Beans, rinsed.
- It’s 3/4 c of Sugar.
- You need 3/4 c of Balsamic Vinaigrette.
I added some of my homegrown basil because a) I can't get enough and b) I have. Three bean salad is versatile, and it's a snap to fix. Take it along to a cookout, potluck, or tailgating party. Chickpeas are another good bean to add to the salad.
Ken's Easy 3-Bean Salad step by step
- Mix sugar and vinaigrette in bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain cans of green and wax beans, drain and rinse can of kidney beans.
- Toss beans in dressing bowl until incorporated.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before eating. If possible, allow for 3-12 hours to fully incorporate flavours..
Three bean salad was one of the first side dishes I made with my kids in the kitchen. I steamed the green beans and they drained and rinsed (and smushed some) of the kidney beans and the garbanzo beans. I make this three bean salad with fresh green beans even though canned are easier. This classic three bean salad recipe is flavorful and incredibly easy to make. Granted, there isn't anything revolutionary about a simple three bean salad, but sometimes it's good to revisit those.