Chicken pot pie Mornay. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made from scratch, it can be really delicious and satisfying.
With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling If you are looking for an old fashioned, traditional chicken pot pie, made from a whole chicken, freshly cut vegetables, and a flaky homemade crust, this is it! Try Ina Garten's Chicken Pot Pie recipe for comforting, veggie-filled pastry bowls, from Food Network's Barefoot Contessa. Individual chicken pot pies make a comforting meal any night of the week. You can have Chicken pot pie Mornay using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie Mornay
- It’s 1 packages of brocolli, califlower, carrots ( in you grocery fresh bagged salad section).
- It’s 1 packages of sliced cremini mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of rotisserie chicken, pulled off the bone.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated white cheddar.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 can of crescent rolls.
Chicken Pot Pie is a comfort food favorite! Mix and match whatever vegetables you'd like in this recipe to create your own custom pot pie recipe that your For beef pot pie, simply replace the chicken with cooked, chopped beef and replace the chicken broth with beef broth. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Here's what goes in Chicken Pot Pie.
Chicken pot pie Mornay instructions
- Steam the fresh veggies, put in a collander to drain the water.
- Melt butter in a deep frying pan, add flour, stir making a roux.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring until thick.
- Add salt and nutmeg.
- Add cheeses, stir until melted. If the mornay sauce seems to thick you can add more milk to thin at this point.
- Once the cheese has melted, add veggies and chicken, stir to mix. remove from heat.
- Butter a baking dish, and press one can of cresant rolls on the bottom, closing the seems.
- Pour the chicken mixture in the prepared crust.
- Lay the second can of crescant rolls over the top. ( I seperate them and make a curly center with the tips..wide sides out. Works great with a round dish).
- Bake about 30 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes, then dig in!.
Nothing unusual here – but just a couple of comments on some of the ingredients This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry. Homemade Chicken Pot Pie could be the king of all comfort foods, and this homemade version is a guaranteed family favorite! I use a homemade pie crust for my chicken pot pie, but a store-bought crust would also work. How to make chicken pot pie.