Cast iron chicken pot pie. Chicken pot pie cooked in a cast iron skillet is easy and delicious! Why are cast-iron skillets so amazing? Because they're perfect for making an entire chicken pot pie!
You would need a ready-to-roll pie crust like Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust. The preparations required for chicken pot pie have largely relegated it to a Sunday treat, but moving this dish to a cast-iron skillet sped up the process and also improved the results. Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. You can cook Cast iron chicken pot pie using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast iron chicken pot pie
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- Prepare 3 lb of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 packages of grands biscuits.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of water.
- Prepare 2 packages of thawed frozen vegetables.
Home Recipes Main Dishes Cast Iron Chicken Pot Pie. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred meat, discarding skin and bones. Traditional chicken pot pie, with a homemade crust and a slow-simmered filling, is undoubtably wonderful, but it requires the better half of an afternoon to assemble.
Cast iron chicken pot pie instructions
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in butter.
- Add water, bring to boil and add vegetables..
- Add soups, salt and pepper to taste stir and let simmer for 5 minutes..
- Place uncooked biscuits on top of mixture. Bake according to directions on biscuit container..
This version streamlines things, calling for quick-cooking bite-sized pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts along with. Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. I love the fall in central NY. The crisp air, the changing colors of the leaves, and the smell of apple pie baking are all my Chicken pot pie is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. I found a cast-iron skillet Chicken Potpie recipe that is simple to make and tastes great.