The easiest chicken pot pie. Our cream of chicken soup makes a rich and creamy sauce and the biscuit mix topping makes it easier than ever to whip up this pot pie. From the perfectly cooked potatoes and carrots to the tender, shredded chicken this one pot, dump & start Instant Pot meal will be your family's favorite! This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor.
Plus, it's super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of chicken and vegetables. This was one of the best chicken pot pies I've ever had! You can cook The easiest chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The easiest chicken pot pie
- You need 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of cup peas and sweetcorn.
- You need 1 of butter, to saute.
- It’s 1 of salt, freshly ground pepper, and thyme top season.
- Prepare 500 grams of chopped chicken fillets.
- It’s 2 medium of potatoes, chopped into bite Size chunks.
- Prepare 1 envelope of vegetable / chicken and veg or mushroom soup.
- You need 1 of roll of puff pastry.
- You need 1 of bit of flour to coat the pie pan.
If you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry, this easy chicken pot pie recipe is the place to begin. While many time-tested, heirloom recipes have come out of the Betty Crocker kitchens over the years, possibly none has proven as popular as The "Impossibly Easy Pie" formulation, which has been a. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. Check out our new cookbook Insanely Easy Chicken Dinners.
The easiest chicken pot pie instructions
- Saute onions in butter, and a little oil if you like, until soft..
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter add chicken and season well with salt, pepper, thyme and any seasoning of your choice.
- Add peas and sweetcorn.
- Add one cup of water, or enough to just cover the chicken and vegetables.
- Once the potatoes are nearly soft, mix an envelope of powdered soup of your choice in about half a cup of water until there's no lumps..
- Add to the pot and stir until the sauce is thick..
- Roll out puff pastry and cut in half. Place one half on the bottom of a casserole or pie dish, which has been sprinkled with flour to prevent Sticking..
- Bake the pastry in a 180°F oven for about 5 minutes or until it starts to puff.
- Remove pastry base from oven and add the chicken and veg filling ontop. Place the remaining layer of pastry over the filling, and seal the edges..
- Brush pastry with a little bit of milk or egg and bake in the oven at 180°F until golden brown..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for dinner on chilly nights, this Chicken Pot Pie is fantastic. A super easy Chicken Pot Pie made with Rotisserie Chicken and refrigerated pie crusts. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal.