Chicken pot pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. You can cook Chicken pot pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 pack of pre made pie crusts.
- Prepare 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables (carrot, corn, pea or similar).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s to taste of Garlic powder.
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
Chicken pot pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Once cooled, shred the chicken breasts..
- Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pie pan with one of the pie crusts..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream of mushroom soup and frozen vegetables. Stir until combined. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Stir until combined..
- Pour chicken mixture into pie pan. Even out with a spoon. Add second pie crust to top. Trim excess pie crust with a knife. Pinch edge all the way around with a fork or finger..
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour..
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.