Chicken pot pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. You can have Chicken pot pie using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- Prepare 2-3 of chicken breast, or rotisserie chicken pulled apart.
- You need 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- You need 1 can of biscuits.
- You need 1 can of Cresent roll or any baking crust of your choice.
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
Chicken pot pie step by step
- I first took the Cresent roll dough and lined the dish with it, placed in oven and cooked as directed, once done i set it aside..
- Mix shredded chicken, frozen mixed vegetables, cans of soup and salt and pepper to taste..
- Once the chicken mixture is warmed up and smooth, pour into the shell you set aside..
- Next open your can of biscuits, (I used flaky biscuits) but any will do. Place the biscuits on top of the mixture..
- Place in oven on the temperature on your biscuit package and bake..
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.