Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits. Cooked chicken simmers in a rich parsley-flecked sauce with carrots, peas, and celery. Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. In a small bowl, beat egg.
Brush biscuits with milk or butter for extra browning. Chicken Pot Pie has to be one of my all-time favorite, comforting casserole recipes. Perfect for serving company when they visit for supper, taking to friends or neighbors whenever there is a new baby in Prepare Southern Buttermilk Biscuits and place on top of chicken pot pie mixture in baking dish. You can cook Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 7 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 2 cans of carrots.
- Prepare 2 cans of peas.
- Prepare 5 of med potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbs of parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 can of biscuits or 2 cups of baking mix.
Classic chicken pot pie is a savory pie made with a flaky pie crust. For this recipe we're trading the pie crust for buttery, flaky biscuits. Carefully remove the pan from the oven as it will be very hot. Topping a chicken pot pie with biscuit dough results in an amazing combination of textures: fluffy, crusty biscuits and creamy chicken filling.
Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits instructions
- Boil and cube chicken along with 2 bouillon cube..
- Cut and peel potatoes boil in chicken water along with the remaining bouillon cubes. When the potatoes are almost done add carrots and peas both drained. When the potatoes are done thicken juice with corn starch mixed in water. Add parsley and pepper..
- If using baking mix mix out biscuit dough according to box and roll out about 1/4 inch thick..
- Add chicken to veggie mixture and pour into baking dish and top with biscuits. Bake at 375 until top of biscuits are golden brown.
The tangy buttermilk biscuits also provide more heft to the dish, making it feel heartier. Plus, there's no arguing with the speed and simplicity of a drop biscuit. This chicken pot pie is perfect for a cold winter night, whether it's for your family or all of your closest friends. I think, no, I know, Cleo would approve! This chicken pot pie is baked to perfection with a biscuit topping.