Chargrilled Chicken & Lemon Pearl Barley.
You can cook Chargrilled Chicken & Lemon Pearl Barley using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chargrilled Chicken & Lemon Pearl Barley
- It’s 220 grams (1 cup) of pearl barley.
- You need 500 ml (2 cups) of salt-reduced chicken stock.
- It’s 250 ml (1 cup) of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely grated lemon rind.
- It’s 160 ml (2/3 cup) of white wine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of rocket, ends trimmed, washed, dried, leaves shredded.
- It’s 20 grams (1/4 cup) of finely grated parmesan.
- You need 2 of single chicken breast fillets.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil, extra, to brush.
- It’s 1 of Lemon wedges, to serve.
Chargrilled Chicken & Lemon Pearl Barley instructions
- Bring the stock and water just to the boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and hold at a gentle simmer. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute..
- Place the barley in a bowl. Cover with water. Set aside overnight to soak. Drain..
- Stir in the barley and lemon rind. Add the wine and stir until reduced by half..
- Add a ladleful (about 125ml / 1/2 cup) of the simmering stock and stir constantly until the liquid is completely absorbed. Continue to add stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful, for 20-25 minutes or until barley is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice, rocket and parmesan. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill on medium-high. Lightly brush both sides of the chicken with oil. Cook on grill for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice diagonally across the grain..
- Divide the barley mixture among serving plates. Top with chicken. Season with pepper. Serve with lemon wedges..