Grandma Terry's Seafood Salad. Seafood Salad – Dinner at the Zoo. This seafood salad is a blend of imitation crab and shrimp in a creamy dill dressing with fresh vegetables. A quick and easy seafood salad recipe that's always a hit!
Why wait, when you can enjoy this satisfying chowder anytime? It's also delicious topped with biscuits! —Melissa Obernesser, Utica, New York. Seafood is a must for the Feast of the Seven Fishes, an Italian Christmas Eve tradition. You can cook Grandma Terry's Seafood Salad using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma Terry's Seafood Salad
- Prepare 4 pounds of calamari cleaned and cut into rings.
- It’s 4 pounds of shrimp cleaned and cut in thirds.
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of octopus cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1 of whole head celery chopped.
- You need 1 of large jar sliced green olives.
- Prepare 1 of whole bulb garlic minced (about 8 gloves).
- It’s 4 cup of Wesson vegetable oils.
- You need of Juice of 12 lemons.
This salad with squid, shrimp, mussels, and crab is a delicious way to kick off the meal. Italian Seafood Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. But this dish is not just to be made on Christmas Eve. this is perfect all year round and for all your parties and holidays! Fennel, herbs and seafood go together like sun, sea and sandcastles.
Grandma Terry's Seafood Salad step by step
- Cook each type of seafood separately in boiling water. Transfer to bowl of ice to stop cooking process..
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl AMD refrigerate. Serve cold..
Add the seafood to the salad bowl and toss. Just before serving, stir in the sumac and coriander, then taste and adjust the seasoning. This is the same legendary Terry Ho's ginger dressing served at Hibachi restaurants. Drizzle some over your salad or use the dressing as a marinade for meats. Ginger salad dressing served at the Japanese Hibachi Restaurants.