Varathuarache Chicken curry/ Roasted Coconut Chicken Curry. Chicken curry well flavored with roasted coconut and spices. This recipe is a Malabari delicacy. It goes well with pathiri, kerala porotta Chicken curry without coconut Chicken curry with coconut milk Chicken Stew Pepper chicken roast Chicken tomato roast Chicken biriyani Chicken cutlet.
The perfect blend of roasted coconut and spices gives a rich and aromatic flavor to curry. It could be made in millions of ways because each. Chicken Curry With Roasted Coconut (Varutharacha Kozhi Kuzhambu) is a south Indian style chicken curry flavored with roasted coconut and spiced up with south Indian spices. You can cook Varathuarache Chicken curry/ Roasted Coconut Chicken Curry using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Varathuarache Chicken curry/ Roasted Coconut Chicken Curry
- Prepare 750 grams of Chicken -.
- It’s 2 of Onion – medium sliced.
- You need 1 inch of Ginger – crushed.
- It’s 3 of Potatoes – cubed.
- It’s 2 of Green chili – slitted (optional).
- It’s of Salt – as needed.
- Prepare of To temper :.
- You need 2 tbsps of Coconut oil -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
- You need 3 of Dry Red chills – broken.
- Prepare of Curry leaves – few.
- It’s 4 of Pear onions / small – sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Coconut oil -.
- It’s 4 / of onions Small pearl – sliced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic – chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of coconut coconut Fresh / frozen (thawed) -.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Perinjeerakam fennel seeds / -.
- Prepare 2 of Cinnamon – pieces.
- You need 5 of Cloves -.
- Prepare 4 of Cardamom -.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper -.
- You need of Curry leaves – few.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- You need 2 tbsps of Red chilli powder -.
- You need 3 tbsps of Coriander powder -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala -.
Okay! back to varutharacha chicken curry.varutharacha means roasted and grinded.so here, the coconut is roasted and grinded and then added to the cooked chicken.thus you get the thick brown gravy. I have made this recipe as simple and easy as possible; so that all the novice cooks and. Chicken Recipe – A Popular authentic Kerala chicken recipe prepared by adding roasted coconut with spices. Coconut Curry Chicken from Delish.com is a one-pot meal you'll want to make every night.
Varathuarache Chicken curry/ Roasted Coconut Chicken Curry step by step
- First roast all the ingredients under Coconut masala, add oil, when hot add whole Garamond masala spices, pepper corns, fennel seeds, curry leaves, garlic, pearl onions. Roast well, then add coconut, fresh coconut tastes best but can also substitute with frozen coconut, if using frozen then make sure you thaw them to room temperature. Add and roast it in medium flame until it turns golden brown, keep the flame to the lowest setting then add turmic powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, g….
- Heat a cooker pan or heavy bottom pan, add coconut oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters add broken dried red chilli, curry leaves, small onions. Then add crushed ginger, splitted green chilies and sauté well. When roasted add thinly sliced onions and cook till it turns brown. Add cubed potatoes, mix well, then the chicken pieces. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes. Add salt as required..
- Now add the ground coconut masala, mix add. Add water till it covers the chicken pieces along with the spices..
- Close the cooker lid and cook it for 5 whistles in medium flame..
- Open after the pressure is released on its own. If you prefer your curry to be bright red color, you can again temper the curry at the end. Heat oil add finely sliced pearl/small onions, curry leaves. When it turns brown add a tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder or if you can bear the spiciness go ahead and add regular chilli powder. Immediately transfer to your curry..
- Serve hot with Rice, Pathiri, Appam, Pidi..
This quick and easy coconut curry might be a bit untraditional, but trust us, it's delicious. Don't forget to whip up some rice to soak up all that saucy goodness. This flavorful roasted chicken is flavored with curry spiced rub and a simple glaze. Use your favorite blend to flavor this tasty roasted chicken. Serve the chicken with a rice dish, roasted potatoes, or mashed potatoes.