Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil). Pearl barley is a delicious grain that can be cooked simply in salted water. Serve it instead of rice with hearty stews. Vegetarian barley lentil soup combines whole grains, high-protein lentils and plenty of healthy and high-fiber vegetables, so it just couldn't possibly be better for you.
Barley is a versatile grain, packed with vitamins, minerals and other beneficial plant compounds. Almost all forms of barley utilize the whole grain — except for pearl barley, which has been Additionally, barley packs lignans, a group of antioxidants linked to a lower risk of cancer and heart. High-Protein Barley Vegetable Soup With LentilsThe Spruce. You can cook Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil)
- It’s 1 of medium Onion (1cm cubes).
- Prepare 1 of leek (4 cm thin strips).
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots (4cm thin strips).
- You need 1 of tomato (2cm chunks).
- Prepare 1/2 of small cabbage (3cm chunks).
- You need 50 g of puy lentils (rinsed).
- It’s 70 g of pearl barley (rinsed).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of herbs (thyme).
- You need 800-1000 ml of filtered water or vegetable stock.
- You need 2 tsp of vegetable bouillon (if not using vegetable stock).
Pearl Barley Soup With Vegetables Recipes. Barley, zucchinis, carrots, tomatoes, and corn combine to make this hearty, versatile, filling vegan soup that is just so easy to make in your Instant Pot®. Easy to change the veggies in this dish and make it your own. Adding beans spinach or lentils would all be great.
Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) step by step
- In a saucepan spread the chopped onions. Spread the garlic, leek and carrots on top, making layers of vegetables..
- Heat the vegetables gently at low heat for about 10 minutes until they are tender..
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, puy lentils and pearl barley. Add the stock or water and bouillon in the pan and bring to a boil (medium-low heat)..
- Lower the heat and simmer the soup for 25 to 30 minutes. Add the cabbage and simmer for further 10 minutes..
- Serve the soup with a sprinkle of parsley, cheese or a drizzle of chilli oil..
- *When using bouillon, I recommend using 1 tsp at a time, only adding the 2nd spoonful if needed. *Celery or green beans/French beans work well, too..
My girlfriend just told me to take it away. Vegetable and Pearl Barley Soup – a hearty comforting soup packed with vegetables and delicious flavours. Heat a deep pot over medium-high heat and spray with cooking oil spray. Add the onions and leek and fry to soften. Add all other ingredients (except the barley).