Italian Sausage lentil soup. I've substituted Italian turkey many times and you would never notice the difference. You might also want to sprinkle some fresh basil and Parmesan Brown sausage; drain off fat. In a large pot combine all ingredients bring to boil.
I double the amount of sausage and use the hot italian but that's just a matter of personal preference. The spicy Italian sausage cuts through often one-note lentils, adding depth of flavor and extra soul to this soup recipe. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can cook Italian Sausage lentil soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage lentil soup
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian Sausage.
- It’s 2 cup of green lentil.
- It’s 3 cup of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 3 stalk of celery, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of green peas.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of tomatos, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of beef boulion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sage.
- Prepare of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 pinches of thyme.
Eggplant Lentil Stew with Pomegranate Molasses. Creamy Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Spinach. Making the Italian Sausage & Lentil soup is easy. Remove the casings from the Italian sausage, chop, and brown in a skillet on the stove along with onions and garlic.
Italian Sausage lentil soup step by step
- Sort and rinse lentils, then add them to the 6 cups water. Bring to boil..
- Brown sausage over medium heat. Add drained meat to the lentils..
- Add chopped veggies to soup..
- Add seasonings and beef boulion..
- Simmer soup for 1 – 2 hours over med/low heat; until veggies are tender..
This extra step of caramelization gives an extra layer of flavor that is important. Throw the sausage, aromatics, lentils, carrots, celery. This hearty Italian Lentil Soup recipe is easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and full of the best Italian flavors! And since this boyfriend of mine is vegetarian, I decided to nix adding the Italian sausage (although I'd totally recommend it for you meat-eaters in this recipe). Easy Italian Lentil and Sausage Stew.