Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches. Make this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers today and enjoy all the Italian flavors. It's very filling, and you can have it on its own or as an easy add-on to zucchini pasta, regular pasta, cauliflower rice, regular rice, mashed cauliflower or potatoes and of course sandwiches. Fresh Italian sausage–either spicy or sweet–simmers for hours in prepared pasta sauce with green bell pepper and onion.
This Italian sandwich started as pork chops and sausage over angel hair pasta. Place tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper flakes in a food. Italian Sausage, peppers, and onions happens to be my favorite pizza topping combination, but it also happens to be delicious served by itself as a hearty Italian dinner. You can have Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches
- It’s 1 package of italian sausage links (Hot, sweet or mild).
- Prepare 1 package of frozen peppers and onions.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- You need of Soft rolls (I use slider sized split hot dog buns).
- Prepare 1 jar of your favorite marinara.
- Prepare of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese.
- You need of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese (if desired).
And it couldn't be easier to make in the slow cooker. Read on to learn why this amazingly simple slow cooker recipe is one of our test. Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwich with Peppers, Onions, and Herb Butter Cooking Italian with Joe. That's where this recipe for Slow-Cooker Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onion Sandwiches comes in.
Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches step by step
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add bag of frozen peppers & onions. Add italian seasoning to taste..
- Add sausage links.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Stir occasionally if you can but if not it'll be fine..
- 1 hour prior to them being done add jar of marinara sauce..
- Serve on soft roll or over pasta. I add a slice of provolone before the sausage so it melts and then sprinkle with shaker cheese on top..
A slow-cooker works well to finish the cooking and keep the sausages warm. It's also great for transporting them. If there are any peppers and sauce left over, keep them in a container in the fridge. Place slow cooker liner in slow cooker, if desired. If using an electric pressure cooker, fold top edges in before putting on lid.