Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates.
You can have Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked kidney beans/rajma (or used canned, but rinse thoroughly).
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked black eyed peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cut green beans.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pomegranate pearls.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped green onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped red onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper/capsicum.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil (or any salad oil).
- You need 2 tablespoons of vinegar (white or red).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of prepared mustard/Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning/dry oregano leaves.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- You need To taste of Black Pepper powder (optional).
Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates step by step
- Boil a pot of water and once it comes to a boil, toss in 1 tsp salt and stir in the green beans. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp tender (do not overcook). Immediately, drain and place in a bowl of ice cold water with ice. This stops the cooking process and maintains the bright green colour of the green beans..
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients: oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard, Italian seasoning and garlic. Add pepper if desired. Shake well for at least 20 seconds to allow the mixture to emulsify into a tangy, sweet and salty vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasonings according to how sweet, tangy or salty you want it!.
- Transfer the green beans to a large bowl along with kidney beans, black eyed beans, green onions, bell pepper, walnuts and red onions. Drizzle the dressing over and stir in some pomegranate pearls. Toss well to coat the salad. Do a taste test and add more dressing if needed..
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to chill thoroughly for at least 2 to 3 hours or even overnight. Toss in between to distribute the dressing and add more seasonings or salt if needed. Serve chilled or at room temperature with additional dressing..
- Note: You can use any kind of beans like northern beans, garbanzo beans or chickpeas, black beans etc. and add as much or as little as you want. Fresh green beans is a must. Add some grated carrots or any other vegetable you like for more colour and nutrition. If you like a sweeter salad, you can add more sugar or even honey. Substitute with any seasoning you like; oregano, roasted cumin powder, black salt etc. Another option is to add chopped dates instead of pomegranate..