Instant Rava Uttapam.
You can cook Instant Rava Uttapam using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Rava Uttapam
- You need of main ingredients for rava uttapam:.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine variety of rava (or sooji) or 100 grams (rava is not roasted).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda or ⅛ teaspoon eno or fruit salt.
- Prepare of salt as per taste.
- Prepare of oil or ghee for greasing the pan and drizzling.
- Prepare of optional ingredients for rava uttapam:.
- Prepare 1 of small onion,.
- It’s 5-6 of chopped pearl onions thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of small tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli finely chopped.
Instant Rava Uttapam step by step
- Preparation for rava uttapam recipe: mix the rava and water in a bowl. keep the batter to rest for 30 minutes. meanwhile when the batter is resting, you can slice or chop the onions, tomatoes and green chilies. mix the chopped veggies and keep aside. after 30 minutes, stir the batter again. then add 3 tsp lemon juice, salt and 1/4 tsp baking soda or 1/8 tsp eno (fruit salt). stir and mix very well..
- Making rava uttapam batter in a large serving spoon. pour the batter and spread it gently. don't spread too much. when the batter is still raw from the top, add the onions-tomatoes-green chilies mix. gently press the onions-tomatoes with the spatula, so that they stick to the batter. drizzle some oil on the sides and the top. when the base is cooked and lightly browned, flip the uttapam gently. cook till the onions and tomatoes are light golden or golden. flip and serve rava uttapam hot..