Arroz con pollo (rice with chicken). Mama's Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice also known as Arroz con Pollo. This one pan dinner is made with homemade adobo seasoned chicken, sofrito and savory rice. You'll make this recipe again and again!
Make Arroz con Pollo tonight—everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish. Turn to packaged saffron rice blend for intriguing flavor for this classic Mexican chicken dish, made even easier with frozen mixed vegetables. Authentic Arroz Con Pollo, or Latin chicken and rice, is the ultimate one-pot meal. You can have Arroz con pollo (rice with chicken) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz con pollo (rice with chicken)
- Prepare 3 cups of basmati rice.
- Prepare 6 of chicken pieces (preferably thighs and drumsticks).
- You need 500 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sunflower/olive oil.
- Prepare of All purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- You need of Fresh Thyme (3 sprigs).
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of medium onion (roughly chopped).
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- You need of Bell peppers- 1 red, 1 green (deseeded and thinly sliced).
- You need 2 of deseeded thinly sliced scotch bonnets.
- Prepare 4 cm of root ginger (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric.
It's a classic Colombian dish that I grew up on that I now love to White meat is not my personal preference, but you can use diced chicken breast if you prefer. I season my chicken and rice with sazon, a common. Saffron scented rice is baked with chicken and vegetables to create this hearty, one-dish meal. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken with Rice (Arroz con Pollo).
Arroz con pollo (rice with chicken) step by step
- In a bowl, wash rice until water runs clear.
- Season chicken pieces with all purpose seasoning, black pepper and salt. Heat oil in a heavy based frying pan and brown chicken on all sides. (Do not cook through).
- Remove chicken and set aside..
- Sauté garlic, onions and peppers in the pan. Add ginger, turmeric and scotch bonnet and stir for about 1min..
- Transfer chicken into a large oven dish (chicken pieces should all be on a single layer) add the sautéed ingredients above and pour the rice all over the chicken. Pour in the chicken stock and add bay leaves, thyme sprigs and season everything in the dish really well..
- Cover with foil and place dish in the oven..
- Cook on gas mark 4 for 40-45mins until all the stock has been absorbed, rice and chicken are cooked (pierce the chicken and if the juice runs clear then it's cooked!) no need to stir the rice during cooking..
- Remove the foil and allow the top to brown a little..
Bring to a boil, cover When rice is ready, serve in four plates; place a chicken drumstick over it and salsa criolla on the side. If desired, you may also add some of the juice. When was the Stewed Rice (Arroz Guisado) served in Puerto Rico? Enjoy preparing this delicious traditional stewed rice that is so popular in the Latin culture – Rice with Chicken (Arroz con Pollo) – using a pressure cooker – Instant Pot. Rinse the rice and place in a bowl. (Please check the ingredients list below).